Since I own 2 relatively popular diaper bags–the Kate Spade Stevie and the StorkSak Olivia–I wanted to highlight the differences between them.
Here’s what I regularly carry in my diaper bag.
Of course, I carry the absolute necessities like diapers and wipes, but I also carry my own essentials like my wallet, phone, sunglasses, water bottle and tissues. The bulkiest thing in my diaper bag is my soft carrier–the Baby K’Tan.
- Purell Wipes for sanitizing surfaces like dirty high chairs or diaper changing stations
- Nursing Cover
- Aden & Anais Burpy Bib in Starlight pattern
- StorkSak Changing Pad – comes with the Olivia diaper bag
- Extra change of clothes and socks
- Baby K’Tan soft carrier
- Sophie the Giraffe — my baby’s favorite!
- Huggies Wipes and Aquaphor
- Huggies Diapers – four size 3 diapers
- Furla Wallet
- Happy Baby Squeeze Pouch
- Bumkins Superbib Dr. Seuss Bib
- CamelBak Eddy Water Bottle
- Babyganics Sunscreen
- My Sunglasses
- My iPhone, Keys and pouch with my allergy medicine and a tiny bottle of handcream
- Babyganics Hand Sanitizer and pack of tissues
- Bumkins Dr. Seuss Wet bag
As you can see, I have a lot of things I like to carry with me! Here’s what it all looks like packed in each bag.
Exterior of Bags
The StorkSak Olivia is pretty much bursting at the seams. The outside pockets are difficult to use at this point and I had to squish things down to zip it up. The Kate Spade Stevie is full but not bursting. No squishing necessary to zip the bag up.
Interior of Bags
The StorkSak requires the K’tan to be packed on top, so anytime I need to get anything from inside the bag, I need to remove the K’tan first before I can access anything else. This gets a little annoying! It also gets super full in the center part where Sophie the giraffe is. I frequently end up unpacking the entire bag just to look for something near the bottom.
As you can see, the Kate Spade packs up everything so much nicer. I can see everything all at a glance without having to unpack my entire bag!
One thing I will say about the StorkSak is that since there are so many more pockets, everything that has a place in a pocket is easily found. I always know where the hand sanitizer is, because I put it in one of the end pockets. Same with my phone because its always in the same exterior pocket. It’s a little trickier in the Kate Spade bag because there are fewer pockets so more things go in the center.
Overall, I really like both bags. Both of them carry a lot and I realize I may not need this much stuff with me as my baby grows into toddlerhood! Hopefully you found this post informative in helping you decide on a bag! Let me know if there are any questions I can help you answer.